Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution includes saving and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various ends, so let's have a peek at these. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you wish to have a website, mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular file storage providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally distorted explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between autonomous hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various website hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a great amount of images with chums or partners since the service is generally free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your electronic mail accounts. Some suppliers offer web site hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to launch an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mails, upload videos, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific web content solely.